If your family has been infected by a cold or a flu, you are not alone. Cold and flue season is here and we have a few tips and tricks to help the germs stay out of your home and away from your family! Every year, thousands of Americans go the hospital with flu-like symptoms. Even when the symptoms are mild and hospitals aren't involved, the flu is miserable to have to deal with. Yuck! Whether it is your kids or yourself, we want to help get your home free of the germs. From professional carpet cleaning to getting vaccinated, here are a few suggestions on how to protect yourself and your family from getting sick.
1. Vaccinate your family. Each year there is a vaccine that is formulated to counter 3-4 common strains of the flu virus. These vaccines a different every year, so make sure that you are staying on top of your shots!
2. Wash the germs away. Your hands touch so many things throughout the day and are always picking up germs. Make sure that you are constantly washing and sanitizing your hands.
3. Wash your linens! Kill the bacteria and germs that are living on your towels, sheets, and blankets. Wash your linens regularly with hot water and detergent, then tumble dry on hot heat.
4. Stay home. Keep to yourself if you are feeling sick and make sure you aren't sending sick kids to school. You can be contagious the day before any symptoms even begin and for about 5-10 days after you get sick.
5. Call Sussex Chem-Dry! Ask about our Healthy Home Package at your next cleaning. Chem-Dry removed an average of 98.1% of common household allergens from carpets and upholstery. The common allergens tested were dog and cat dander and dust mite allergens. Additionally, our HCE process, when coupled with a sanitizer, was found to remove an average of 89% of the airborne bacteria in the home and 82.3% of the bacteria in carpets.
Use these tips and tricks to help keep the germs out of your home. Call the professionals to regularly clean your carpets and upholstery to keep allergens and bacteria away from your family too!